View previous topic :: View next topic  
kmah

re: Being Redonculus

Respectfully, to the members of Vires Vox Victoria:

It's funny how some paths cross. In my years of playing online games, notably, WoW, I've found this to be doubly true. The relationships I've forged in these games have made me understand how great it is to meet these people and for at least a couple hours each day, relax in the company of those that I come to call my friends.

At level 14, grinding away solo on Dromund Kaas, I came across someone in general chat who was looking to do a Heroic mission. I was in the area, deciding whether or not to abandon it so I could finish up the solo missions I had and jettison off the planet. Somewhat hesitantly, I decided to accept the call for LFM and ended up grouped with Br'ambles. Long story short, we kept in touch as we both leveled to 50.

Fast forward to our weekly Redonculus guild ops run. I truthfully forgot what spec Brams was, but we had a spot to fill for our Eternity Vault run, preferably for DPS. As it turned out, he was a healer, but we would rather bring a third healer that we knew than to pug someone random. It was Brams first run in EV if I recall correctly, but the run went smoothly. Three of five on our short night (only about an hour and a half). As usual with any of the guests that join us, we cordially thanked Brams for joining us and congratulated him on any gear upgrades he acquired.

Stemming from that run, Odipheus and I chatted about various guild-related topics and it was agreed at that point to try and get some shared runs going between Redonculus and VVV. In the following week, members from the two guilds ran together in flashpoints, ops, warzones and we brought VVV members with us to get the +10 datacron. Stories were shared, jokes were told and I believe both sides hit it off.

On Monday evening (2/20), Odipheus and I chatted again, this time with the prospect of bringing in members from VVV into Redonculus. It seemed like a natural progression, so as we shared each other's vision of how we felt this could be handled and what each side stood to benefit from this, we each would bring this proposal to the officers on each side. Which is a very long, drawn-out way of leading me to this post...

Redonculus is proud to welcome any member of Vires Vox Victoria that would like to make the transition over.

What is Redonculus?

From our WoW guild site:
It might be easier to start by explaining what Redonculus is not. We are not a raiding guild. We are not a leveling guild. That is not to say we don't run raids because we do. But our focus is on the members here and not necessarily push for progression. We will see all of that in time. Our preference is to keep our members close-knit and use the game as an outlet to relax and enjoy each others' company.

In the last year, we have seen our number grow, not from active recruitment, but from word-of-mouth. We let our actions dictate who we are. Those that have run with us have seen how special things can be here. We like to have fun, do silly achievements/runs and sometimes, we even put on our game faces and push ourselves to see how far we can go. We are a group of mature players who don't lose sight that this is only a game. We are friends. We are Redonculus.

And going to SWTOR:
On a server far far away, a small ragtag group of adventurers packed up their belongings and moved beyond the grasp of Azeroth and Outland, far away from pandas and pokemon, to a world of lightsabers and Twi'leks.

We are the same group that ran together on Shandris and have the same core values. That is, to enjoy each other's company as we level together in this new game. Our relationships were forged in WoW and will continue in SWTOR.

The pink bunny lives on. We are Redonculus.

That is what we are in a nutshell. The guild is guided by a four member council, currently two of which are enjoying the latest addition to their family. So Bastor and Sharya are holding down the fort, making sure no one plays with matches, runs with scissors, or tears the tag off their mattresses. Our officers (currently Pwnme and Michiee) help us enforce our vision and keep us steered in the right direction. We don't take ourselves seriously; our ranks are Looney Tunes characters and our guild crest in WoW was a pink bunny. However, when we do run, we do so in an organized manner with the intent of achieving an objective while having fun in the company of friends. Loot and progression will come with time.

As a member of Redonculus, we leave our egos at the door; any issues that come up will be handled by involved parties in a fair and amicable manner. We have a pay-it-forward philosophy; we don't expect payment for the things that are done to help you, except to see you carry that forward to others that can use help in the future. We are self-sufficient; we don't ask for credits, runs through flashpoints or help to power level. Everything earned is an accomplishment and not a charity.

I apologize for the lengthy post, but I find it very important to manage expectations on both. What I have spent time to post are our expectations. If they fit with yours, then we hope to have you wear our guild tag soon. Rather than spend 30-60 minutes to interview new members, which is what I normally do, I thought this post would cover all I wanted to say. We have a guild Facebook page that we use in lieu of a guild portal site. It seems to work out better for our members and we invite you to join it if you are interested. http://www.facebook.com/groups/redonculustor/ One last point is that we would like to have a quick meeting in Mumble between our officers and yours to iron out any remaining topics, comments or questions.

Regards,
~KW (Shar)

"Experience and knowledge are free to give, but the rewards you get back are priceless."
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Vires Vox Victoria Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum