View previous topic :: View next topic  
lenogris

re: Networking

Not sure if anyone here is savvy with switches and the like, but for my deployment i am trying to configure our network so i can plug in pcs or xboxs with out them being able to access my servers or the internet. Basically we are not supposed to use the ships equipment for our own pleasure, but im the network admin so i want to set it up but just be sure no one outside can see our stuff.

I thought that using VLANs might do it, but i dont have to much experience with them. I think i could set it up on the switches. If i do set it up i need any drop i have plugged into that switch to be able to get onto this vlan, but when the work pc is plugged back in it should automatically join my domain.

I guess in summary i need to be able to have a workgroup over my existing domain infrastructure that can not be seen.

I am perty confused as to what i need to be investgating. If it matters im using acatel omni switches 9600

Jump to: